The little, black and totally unbeatable dress–so perfect, so invincible and so totally sexy! It’s at home wherever it goes, and it’s at ease with serious amounts of attention. And we’re telling you how you can stretch this dress to six looks–how’s that for mileage now! Listen and try these looks out, and while you’re at it, send us a picture of how cool you looked when you translated our suggestion into action!!
- Team your LBD with fish net stockings and boots for a totally NewYork Soho look–throw on a black feather boa to knock their socks off.
- Wear it with skinny jeans in a pop colour, try purple or bubblegum pink. Match up with new-age make-up in contrasting hues and punk out the scene. How about a pink streak in your hair?
- Take a flared skirt in a chiffon-y fabric and layer it under the dress for a totally retro look, try polka dots or an English paisley printed skirt that only peeks out from the hem, and voila! A new take on the evening!!
- Team the classic LBD with a high-necked formal white shirt, cinched at the waist with a skinny belt. If your dress is strapless, you could also wear the shirt under the dress and work the bustier look. Both looks get the raves, trust us, we checked.
- Wear a red silk rose on a black velvet band around your neck for a demure and so-enchanting Victorian look, silk flowers are easily available at any accessories store. The black offsets your complexion while the red adds drama, and the different fabric textures heighten the overall appeal of the ensemble. Pair with kitten heels.
- Bling on the good times with sky-high silver pumps or gem-encrusted stilettos and multiple strand necklaces for the red carpet look. Carry only a minimally invasive metallic capsule clutch and watch heads turn.
Enjoy these tips, it’s your time to shine! Very warmly, Team99